Monday, March 16, 2020

Week Six - Font Research

When it comes to fonts, these are the ones I were interested in using for the title and/or credits. I don't want anything too fancy, but I want the font to fit a certain style. Some of the Thriller movies that I'd researched over the course of this project have their titles in all caps, and I want to incorporate that into my film opening. 

For example Get Out uses a thicker, bold font for their title. Us isn't in capitals but the font is slimmer, and obviously color choice plays a part in this as well. Deciding a color will have to wait until I have my filming complete; I'll have to choose what looks best against the color palette in the video, but I'm interested in using paler colors to contrast against white. I'd like to use a pale pink or a red if I can.

HEMLOCK 

(Average)

HEMLOCK 
(Georgia)

HEMLOCK 
(Bitter)

HEMLOCK 
(Merriweather)

HEMLOCK
(Playfair Display)

HEMLOCK 
(EB Garamond)

HEMLOCK 
(Oswald)

HEMLOCK
(Times)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...