Sunday, April 5, 2020

Week Eight - Filming

Due to quarantine, Markham Park isn't open and I'm forced to change my set to a patch of grass near a lake in my community. It's a pretty nice spot right up against a tree and some bushes, even if it was windy and birds were everywhere, getting in the way. Quite a few people were also bike riding or walking their dogs by the spot I chose, but they weren't in any of my shots.

I only had one problem while filming- one of my friends who said they would help by being an actor never got back to me and instead another friend of ours took their place last minute. This meant I was a couple hours behind schedule, but we were able to finish every thing I needed plot-wise right before it started raining. I wish I'd gotten more, just to add some more beef to the plot line, but I did what I could and I'm glad.

My friends are by no means professional actors, but they were both patient with me in understanding my directions and remembering their lines. I really appreciate that they took the time to drive down to my neck of the woods and put effort into embodying my vision for this project. However I'm not surprised that they took it seriously considering one of them had taken this course and understands the process I'm going through. 

Even though I ran into a little problem with my actors, I'm happier with the results I have now. These two friends looked good together- they complemented each other in a way, and this included their outfits. I told them both the color palette I was looking for, and they both ended up wearing green and red. Natalia had to wear black (because after speaking with them I found they didn't have any white clothes) and wore green pants by chance, and Olivia wore red, white and a green mask that her mother had made her (around her neck throughout the video). I didn't really notice the mask until I finished filming, but the colors are all cohesive so I don't mind it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...