Thursday, April 2, 2020

Week Eight - Progress

I know that during quarantine is not the best time to film a project. I know that. I know I should just stay home for another month straight, rotting in my bed and doing homework instead of meeting up with two friends I haven't seen in months. Trust me, I know, but I don't really have a choice here. I'm meeting up with my two friends to film tomorrow, but due to my situation there are a lot of things I'd anticipated doing that aren't a reality anymore. Concerning props, set location, etc. 

I put together all of the props I'll be bringing with me to my set tomorrow; instead of using one of the blankets from Amazon that I browsed I found a blanket in my house that looks like a proper picnic blanket. I ended up buying the blanket anyway (because why wouldn't I) but using this blanket would get the idea across that they're having a picnic gathering much better. 

From the picnic set that I have, I'm using a plate and two of the mugs. There were also thermoses that I did not catch when I'd rummaged through it, so I decided I'll use one to put tea in, so that I can pour an actual drink into the cups while designing my set. Tomorrow morning before the set I'll cut strawberries and put wrap over it to preserve it. 

My other props include the journal with all of their planning, and a small glass vial with "Hemlock" flowers in it. Coincidentally to me needing flowers as small and white as these, my mom bought some and brought them home after grocery shopping today. After cutting the strawberries tomorrow, I'll cut a few flowers off of the plant and fill the vial with them. I would do it tonight but I wouldn't want them to die overnight and wilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...