Monday, March 30, 2020

Week Eight - Plot Revisited

I'm going to be filming soon, so until then I'm working on getting together my props, planning set designs and scripts/outlines of my film opening. I figured that writing out everything here about the plot would be beneficial, maybe help me get my thoughts together. Especially since I haven't given an update about the plot in weeks.

Hemlock is about a couple who are planning to kill somebody together. They've been planning it for some time, and one of the characters had to search for Hemlock flowers which they'll use as a murder weapon (as it's poisonous). In my film opening, the characters meet up for a picnic that one of them set up and they talk about the target. They have a journal where they've recorded their plans and information about their target- and after looking into finally giving them names I decided the couple would be Amelia and Danny, and the target Alex. Their last names aren't all that important considering they don't ever mention them throughout the opening, but Alex's full name is written in Amelia's journal. 

I'm still debating why Amelia and Danny hate their target so much. I got a suggestion from a classmate that Alex could have cheated on the both of them; this gave me the idea that Alex had cheated on them and that, totally unrelated to him doing this, Amelia and Danny met. Not long afterwards they started dating, but they also discovered that they'd both been taken advantage of by Alex. Not only that, but after doing a bit of asking around they found out several other people have been taken advantage of by Alex too. Amelia is outraged by this and decided that instead of speaking up about it, she'd take care of it herself.

Obviously she's a little crazy for wanting to straight-up murder someone, but I did this on purpose knowing this is supposed to be a Thriller film. Her bad, eerie decision making would be leading the film. With Danny too, but her driving force is more of a creepy fixation/love for her girlfriend, and instead of stepping in the way she participates. I'm sure if I were to hypothetically making this a whole film, I could use Danny's character for comic relief between more frightening scenes.

Amelia and Danny both know that Alex loves tea, from dating him of course. Amelia has definitely done more of the research, and after deciding they'd kill Alex by having them ingest something, they narrowed it down to plants. Amelia did a little more research about local poisonous plants in their area and voila! She walked herself down to a local riverbed and with gloves, packed quite a few of them in a container. Her research let her know that ingesting a small amount can lead to paralysis of the muscles, lungs, and will lead to suffocation and death.

They're quite the problematic duo, these two. Creepy gals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...