Friday, March 5, 2021

Planning, Planning, Planning

Dean's the real cinematographer between the two of us. I can make art and help around as best as I can, but as far as filming and camera equipment goes, I'm a rookie. He's made project after project and has had years of experience under his belt whereas I've only been into cinematography for the last couple of years due to this course. Other than that, I haven't taken any film classes. Art is my forte. 

Dean's Youtube Channel :)

That being said, Dean's organized a schedule/to-do list so that we're as organized as can be as we move along in this project. 

From now to the 18th, Dean and I will be in the pre-production stages. Working on storyboards, scripts, etc. I will be working with Maddie on the CD cover art from the 8th to the 13th. Dean's brainstormed that we make the cover art collage-like, as this is an area of art that I really enjoy- and not to stroke my own ego, but I believe I'm pretty good at it too. 

I have my own ideas about what to do, but Dean suggested we make it similar to the Weeknd's style of artwork. All artsy and cool looking. Or we could take individual photos of each of the band members and photoshop them together, and I make an artsy logo to put on top of that as well. 



My partner and I will be going to Georgia the first few days of spring break, where Dean's going to order all of the gear that we'll need to produce the music video. Dean's already got his fair share of equipment, but he'll be renting other equipment that he doesn't already have. We'll prep for shooting the 23rd and pick up our equipment, shoot the performance on the 24th, and then the story from the 25th to the 28th. 

After that, it's editing and finalizing all aspects of our project so that it's ready to turn in by the 12th of April. Dean's also got some filmmaker friends who are willing to be a part of our camera crew, Angelo, Isa, and Rodrigo. Dean's made our schedule into a Google Doc, so all crew members and Saving Herald have access to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...