Thursday, February 27, 2020

Week Three - Plot

I haven't had a chance to stop by any dollar stores yet, but instead I've been doing a lot of thinking about my film opening. I have the time now to mold the perfect idea, but I can never come up with ideas that I like on the spot. I'm trying to use Thriller/Horror films as inspiration to find something that really sticks with me, but for now I'm just trying to improve my picnic date idea. 

As I said before, this couple are planning the murder of a certain target. I want this to all be revealed within the opening obviously, and hopefully include a little shock value. I don't have any older young adult friends, so the people acting as my characters will be teens. It's dramatic, and as I can imagine would be problematic in the rest of the film- but lucky for me I don't have to film all that. 

I'm still mulling over my options for how they want to murder their target, and how exactly I'm going to convey all of this within two minutes. I thought that one of the characters could have a journal or "plans" of some sort that they discuss while at the picnic, or that they show while talking. I want to be subtle, but I worry that my audience won't understand and completely miss the point of my film opening. It's happened before, so my guess is that it could happen again. 

Next week we're having a group meeting so that my classmates and I can help each other with our projects- I know it'll be helpful, but I'll keep brainstorming until I can get some fresh ideas from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...