Saturday, March 21, 2020

Week Six - Target Audience

As I've discussed on this blog previously, the target audience for Thriller films are 18-24 year olds. 

In 2018, the ratio of males to females who liked Thriller films was 84:83. This is in contrast to those who liked Animated films, which was 65:75, or those who liked Action films, which was 90:86, etc. 

This target audience enjoys thriller films because they enjoy the suspense and excitement they get from watching them. I know that I have to use mystery and suggestion to draw my viewers' attention in, and coupled with nice imagery/mise-en-scene and a bit of psychological aspects I'll be able to attract this younger, thrill seeking audience. I may also be targeting the LBGTQ+ percentage of people within this target audience, considering the main two characters are a lesbian couple. 

My actors are within the age of the Thriller film demographic as well, which will help the story be much more relatable- not exactly when it comes to the actions of my characters, but since they're within the same age range the intensity of their feelings can be empathized with more closely. Young people always make dumb decisions anyway, ironically enough. You just hope not stupid enough to try and commit murder, but teens are a whole 'nother breed of human beings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...