Monday, March 23, 2020

Week Seven - Life Update

Covid-19 is getting in the way of normal living as we know it for the time being.

Living through a National pandemic while going through my Junior year of high school isn't at all ideal, and even before this started I was having a rough time, but all of the things that we humans do to keep up our mundane daily routines, such as school and work, continue. Fortunately these mundane things are now the only things I can do to keep myself from being driven crazy while stuck in my house with my other 6 family members. Yet somehow I still procrastinate. Unfortunately though we are being issued a mandatory quarantine and shouldn't attend public gatherings, let alone leave our house for anything other than necessities. Just like I feared, I won't be able to film at the place that I'd settled on so happily. It would've been perfect.

I'm going to have to improvise and film at home, or somewhere private and within walking distance. I live in a gated community with a lot of people and not any of the creepy wooded places I'd wanted to utilize at Markham Park so badly. This situation really just changes the whole vibe of my project, but school's continuing online and so are my Aice classes. There's no use dwelling on it so I might as well move on and figure out a back up plan on what I'm going to do to adjust to my circumstances.

I have no further updates on those items from Amazon yet; my family's waiting for a large check to come in before we can spend money on props or other things that aren't immediate necessities like food. I'm a little concerned about the quality of my project now that my hands are tied in a way and my resources are limited.

Since I can't think of any place to go to within my neighborhood, my other options are my backyard (which is underwhelming but has potential if I clean it up a lot) or a table in the corner of my living room, which is crowded with my parents' framed art and photography props (I'll need to move all of that temporarily to perfect my set design and then move it back when I'm done filming). Neither will live up to what I'd envisioned at the beginning of this project, but it will have to do and I'll make best with what I got. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...