Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Week Seven - Adapting

Although I'm still unable to buy all of the props that I'd wanted, I found a pack of the same kind of candles I'd added to my Prop Searching post at home and are even vanilla scented! It's not much but I'm still glad to be making progress- the less money I have to spend, the better.


The picnic set up that my parents bought for my family is still pristine; we've used it a few times but it's perfectly convenient to use as the tea set my characters are interacting over. They're not exactly what I had in mind, but they're still white plates and cups even if the paint on them is gold and not pastel colors. The dishes are also not as dainty as I'd like, but I can use smaller foods/fruits to balance this out.



The gold on the dishes changes the mise-en-scene when it comes to my costume and character design. When I'd envisioned pastel colors to be the main focus, giving that sense of femininity and romance, I wanted their costumes to be similar colors or white to symbolize purity- which contrasts the truth of the matter that neither of the characters are. However, since gold is a very dominating color, I'm going to have to abandon that idea. 

Gold symbolizes extravagance and prosperity, so this definitely gives my characters a sense of entitlement and importance, and due to the fact that they're murderers, probably narcissism. Thankfully I can hold onto the color white in my mise-en-scene and implement this in the character's costume design. I'm questioning whether or not I want to make their clothes red though. Now that I've abandoned light colors such as the pink I'd wanted to use, I'm planning on making the title red. This will reinforce that these characters are dangerous, and also that they're in a relationship although this will be hinted at in the film opening anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...