Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Getting Started

Admittedly, the band has been a tad bit unreliable when it comes to keeping in contact with Dean and me. We planned on starting the artwork for the digipak portion of this project Monday of last week, and I was supposed to talk with Madison via phone call or text to discuss her views on what they want the album cover to look like. I'd sent a text in a group chat with Saving Herald and the production crew asking for the band's opinions on digipak covers, however, it took a few days for anyone to reach out to me, let alone Madison. 

Eventually, sent me some photos that she envisioned the album cover to look like. Then I got to work.




To keep up this whole minimalist concept that she had in mind, I decided to use pencils as my material of choice. I was torn between this and using digital art, but sometimes the process of saving or downloading digital art will lower the quality, and I didn't want this to interfere with the quality of our digipak cover. Besides, I'm hoping that the vintage, traditional, black and white look to the artwork will be fitting after Dean and I edit it around in photoshop and add a background and logos, etc.

After Madison reached out, I began collecting reference photos that I could possibly use. Here's what I have so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...