Saturday, March 7, 2020

Week Four - Really Slow Progress

I decided that I'm going to be filming at Markham. This is where I wanted to film originally; it's not too far, which is practical as it's easily accessible, and it's one of the only places I had in mind to film that's even semi visually interesting. I'm very optimistic about this set choice considering the plot of my project. I want to convey at first that my characters are just a cutesy couple going on a date, but reveal that they aren't as basic as they seem and are actually planing something evil, and have really thought it through. I want it to be surprising to my viewers.

I want to work with as low a budget as possible, so I have to think realistically. Originally I wanted to go online and find props (such as tea sets/dish sets that have floral prints) that are aesthetically pleasing that I could incorporate into the video. I'd completely forgotten that my family has a giant picnic set at home until my mom reminded me of its existence.

After checking over the set, the dishes all follow the theme of white that I envisioned but there are no flowers; instead they have a more simplistic design with a limited color palette of blues and yellows. It's not exactly what I wanted, but it saves time and money to use what I already have. Now I can focus more on finding picnic blankets with floral designs, hemlock flowers and any extra clothing that I may need for filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...