Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Story Elements?

Dean and I have been wondering a lot lately whether our original idea to include a story aspect to the music video would be practical. Since we first filmed and came back to edit and review our content, I'd suggested it wouldn't be necessary. I figured we could go without it, and just leave the video as is. It took a lot of brainstorming to finally get to that conclusion, but we feel that it's the best route to go with our project. 

Not only do we feel that Breathe is (no offense) too bland of a song to have aesthetic, cinematography like shots added to the video, but Saving Herald did not give us much to work with in terms of advice, inspirations, or even just plain visions for what these story element shots would be. I'd tried really hard to brainstorm ideas and ask the band members for advice, but I was met with a whole lot of nothing. At best, I'd got Maxx to admit that there's no real concrete meaning or inspiration behind the song; it just sounds good, like a catchy song that gets stuck in your head even though it makes no sense. And let's admit it, the lyrics really don't make much sense. At times, the lyrics are contradicting and dare I say cheesy. But I can't sh*t on them too hard. It's a catchy song, I'll give them that. It does indeed sound good. 

Because of our lack of resources and ideas, we decided to omit the story aspect of the music video. In my opinion, it's a very strong video on its own as is. The shots are beautiful, the band looks amazing, everything just works very well together. Now, all we have left to do is finalize our video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...