Thursday, February 25, 2021

Teams Group Meeting

In class today, our teacher assigned us in groups to discuss and get advice on our projects so far. I discovered that none of us have started the actual production process yet (as we're only two weeks into the project so far). However, we were able to help each other figure out more concrete ideas about the looks and premises of our productions, gave advice to each other, brainstorming our projects to make our ideas more solidified.

Annika is doing a music promo as well. She's starring a Peruvian artist (the song the music video will be on is called zoo lion). She knows the artist from when she lived in Peru. She plans on doing an artsy look for the video, including animation and collage elements (which she'll make through Procreate). She showed us a snippet of the song, which will work perfectly with an artsy vibe in my opinion. His music sounds like Glass Animals; I feel like if I start listening seriously to his music, I'd be hooked. 

Shreya (and her partner Colin who was not in the meeting with us) are doing a documentary about the deprivation of culture of kids who are born in the US, and in what ways they're connected to their culture. We suggested that Shreya can unify the idea of the project and be inclusive of different cultures by having the font in the documentary switch between different languages, country flags, etc.

Ryan is doing a short film. He wants it to be postmodernist and dream-like. He had no idea for what he wanted to make the premise about other than knowing the vibe he wants. We suggested that he does something that warps with time, and the presence of self, which he ate up. I had no ideas to give him really, but it was nice to see the members of the group help each other out with really innovative ideas.

Janey is doing a documentary about a dance group at UM, where she's in connections with the people there who are part of the group. She's waiting to hear from the group's coach if they'd have the time or be willing to be a part of the process. 

I was able to find some inspiration by talking with Annika, considering she's also going the music promotional route. Animating through Procreate sounds like something I want to get into. I've always been into the idea of animating, the issue is that I'm fairly new at it, and art (especially when getting used to a new art form) takes a lot of time, effort, and energy that I'm not sure I will have when going farther into this production process. But I'll talk to Dean about it when the time comes, and see what happens with that. Regardless of whether or not I animate, I could always use Procreate to draw cover art for the digipak amongst other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

Saving Herald is a teenage alternative-pop band based in Broward, Florida. They're well known around South Florida and have gained popul...